MENA Scholarship Programme
This scholarship programme is administered by Nuffic - the Netherlands Organisation for International Cooperation in Higher Education.
Application window is now closed!
Scheduled to open in October - dates to apply will be announced here
MENA Scholarship Programme
MSP stands for MENA (Middle East and North Africa) Scholarship Programme, which is available to 10 countries. Find the list of eligible countries here.
It is possible to register multiple times a year during an 'application window' to see if you are eligible for a Nuffic OKP scholarship. MSP has two application windows, mainly in February and October.
Read the guidelines for the application process carefully. And make sure you meet all of the RNTC criteria, see open courses for more details, and the Nuffic MSP criteria mentioned below.
We also answer frequently asked questions in our Scholarship FAQ. If you need any help, don't hesitate to contact us by email: [email protected]
Guidelines and Criteria to apply
Start in time with your RNTC scholarship application. Apply early as you will need to complete your application in two phases and the registration on our website is just the first eligibility phase.
1. Register with RNTC to check that you are eligible for the course you would like to do. You can register for a course by selecting a course. Make clear in your registration that you are intending to apply for an OKP or MSP fellowship.
Note that you can only apply for a scholarship for your chosen course during the scholarship application window for that course. There are two or three of these scholarship windows open every year.
2. Once you have submitted your registration, RNTC will inform you by email whether you are eligible for a scholarship or not (usually within 10 working days).
3. If you are eligible for the scholarship, RNTC will send you a link by email to apply for an OKP or MSP fellowship in the Delta online system. This is where you complete your scholarship application.
Please note that your OKP or MSP application has to be completed and submitted in one go via Delta! Once you have submitted your application, you will not be able to make changes or additions.
4. Before applying for an OKP or MSP scholarship via Delta, make sure you have all the documents mentioned below ready. Please use the formats provided by Nuffic and submit all the required documents EXACTLY as specified. Otherwise, your application will be rejected by Nuffic.
The file format should be PDF and your document must not exceed 2 MB.
✔ Copy of a valid passport. The passport needs to be still valid at least three months after the submission date of the registration form.
✔ Answers to the following questions. Have these prepared so you can copy/paste them into the online application form. This motivation will weigh heavily in the selection procedure. Make sure you address the following questions:
▶ What is the issue or problem you want to address in your country?
▶ How will this course enable you to address this issue?
▶ How does the position you hold within your organisation enable you to address the issue upon your return.
✔ An Employer's Statement. This is a very important document, please fill it out EXACTLY as specified by Nuffic and use this format provided by Nuffic. Please note that this document consists of two pages, both have to be filled in, signed & stamped.
✔ A Government Statement (if applicable for your country). A number of governments of OKP and MSP countries require a government statement before candidates can apply for a scholarship. In this statement, the government expresses its support for the scholarship application. Please check this overview to see if this applies for your country. Also, it's always good to check this with your government and/or the Netherlands embassy. If a government statement is required for your country, please us
5. If you are certain that you are eligible for an OKP or MSP scholarship and you have collected all the necessary information and documentation, you can start with your application in Nuffic's Delta online application system using the online application form link that was sent to you.
The MSP scholarships have an age limit of 45 years. Please check below if you meet the requirements to be eligible for a MSP scholarship:
✔ You are a national who lives and works in one of the countries of the following Middle East and North African (MENA) countries: Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Syria* or Tunisia.
*If you are a Syrian national, please note that the MSP is ONLY open to applicants of Syrian nationality who are residing and working outside of Syria in one of the other selected MENA countries.
✔ You have an Employer’s Statement that complies with the format Nuffic has provided.
✔ You have an official and valid passport.
✔ You are not attending two or more courses at the same time.
✔ You can provide a Government Statement if needed - please check here to see if you need one.
✔ You are not over 45 years of age at the time of the scholarship application deadline
✔ You must not be employed by an organisation that has its own means of staff-development, like:
- Multinational corporations (e.g. Shell, Unilever, Microsoft)
- Large national and/or large commercial organisations
- Bilateral donor organisations (e.g. USAID, DFID, Danida, Sida, Dutch ministry of Foreign affairs, FinAid, AusAid, ADC, SwissAid)
- Multilateral donor organisations (e.g. a UN organisation, the World Bank, the IMF, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, IADB)
- International NGOs (e.g. Oxfam, Plan, Care)
Phase 2 Application in Delta: what you need
Please provide a copy of a valid passport. Your passport needs to still be valid - at least three months - after the submission date of your registration form at RNTC.
A Government Statement
A number of governments of OKP and MSP countries require a government statement before candidates can apply for a scholarship. Check the Scholarships FAQ if this might apply to you.
Please fill this out as specified by Nuffic and use the format provided by Nuffic. Important note: this document consists of two pages, both have to be filled in, signed and stamped.
Prepare the required questions in advance so you can copy/paste them into the online application form. Check our Scholarships FAQ for questions that will be asked in your scholarship application.
RNTC Media Training Centre
- 50+ yearsExperience
- 58 Countries