MENA Scholarship Programme
MENA (Middle East and North Africa) Scholarship Programme or MSP is available to 10 countries - find the list of countries here.
We open two scholarships rounds a year for MSP, around February and August. You can apply now for a scholarship! 50% of all scholarships per country are for women.
Courses on offer
Media Campaigns for Social Change and Advocacy - starts 27 February 2023
Developing traditional and online campaigns that inspire change and amplify advocacy efforts.
Digital Media Creation - starts 27 February 2023
Developing engaging multimedia content for broadcast and the web.
Digital Media to Counter Disinformation and Hate Speech - starts 5 June 2023
Providing practical tools to combat disinformation, counter hate speech and polarisation online, and increase outreach in media.
Data and Investigative Journalism - starts 5 June 2023
Delivering powerful stories that have an impact on society, with the sole objective of exposing the truth.
Guidelines and Criteria to Apply
Start in time with your scholarship application as you will need to complete your application in two phases. Registration on our website is phase one.
Phase 1: Registration RNTC website
- Register on our website and check if you are eligible to apply.
- Select a course during your registration. Make clear in your registration that you are intending to apply for a MENA/MSP scholarship.
- If you are eligible for the scholarship, RNTC will send you a link to start your application in the Delta system of Nuffic.
Phase 2: Application in Delta (This step is necessary to complete your application and have a change on a scholarship!)
- Use the link we send you to start your application in the Delta system of Nuffic. Your application has to be completed and submitted in one go!
Once you have submitted your application, you will not be able to make changes or additions.
- Check the MENA/MSP Country Focus document; your application is also reviewed on how it fits the embassy's Country Focus.
- Please use the formats provided by Nuffic and submit all the required documents exactly as specified.
- File formats should be in PDF and your documents must not exceed 2 MB.
- Before starting your application in Delta, make sure you have all the documents mentioned below ready.
Document requirements in short
- Identification document valid in your country, e.g.
- A passport needs to be still valid at least three months after the course end date
- National Identity Card
- Check your country's regulations on valid identification documents
- An Employer's Statement
- Please fill this out exactly as specified by Nuffic and use this format provided by Nuffic.
- This document consists of two pages, both have to be filled in, signed and stamped with your employer's logo.
- A Government Statement (if applicable for your country)
- Please check MENA/MSP overview to see if this applies to your country.
- It is always wise to also check with your government and/or the Dutch Embassy if a government statement is needed.
- If a government statement is required for your country, please use this format provided by Nuffic for MSP countries.
- This document should be filled in, signed and stamped.
Motivation requirements in short
Make sure to prepare the questions below so you can copy/paste them into the online application form. This motivation will weigh heavily in the selection procedure.
- What is the issue or problem you want to address in your country?
- How will this course enable you to address this issue?
- How does the position you hold within your organisation enable you to address the issue upon your return?
Phase 3: Selection of Candidates
RNTC Media Training Centre provides the Dutch embassy in your country a shortlist of scholarships candidates. The Dutch embassy in your country will then select those who are granted a Nuffic scholarship.
Part of the evaluation is on how your application fits the embassy's Country Focus. It might be the case the Embassy contacts your supervisor for more details.
Phase 4: Announcement of Nominations
RNTC Media Training Centre will contact you if you are nominated for a Nuffic MSP scholarship.
The MENA Scholarship Programme (MSP) has an age limit of 45 years. Please check below if you are eligible to apply for a MENA/MSP scholarship:
- You are a national who lives and worksin one of the countries of the following Middle East and North African (MENA) countries: Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Syria* or Tunisia.
* Please note that MENA is ONLY open to applicants of Syrian Nationality who are residing and working in one of the selected MENA countries
- You have an Employer’s Statement that complies with the format Nuffic has provided.
You have an official and valid identification document.
- You are not attending two or more courses at the same time.
- You can provide a Government Statement if needed - please check here to see if you need one.
- You are not over 45 years of age at the time of the scholarship application deadline.
- You must not be employed by an organisation that has its own means of staff-development, such as:
- Multinational corporations (e.g. Shell, Unilever, Microsoft)
- Large national and/or large commercial organisations
- Bilateral donor organisations (e.g. USAID, DFID, Danida, Sida, Dutch ministry of Foreign affairs, FinAid, AusAid, ADC, SwissAid)
- Multilateral donor organisations (e.g. a UN organisation, the World Bank, the IMF, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, IADB)
- International NGOs (e.g. Oxfam, Plan, Care)
Phase 2 Application in Delta: what you need
Please provide a copy of a valid identification document.
A Government Statement
A number of governments for MSP countries require a government statement before candidates can apply for a scholarship. Check here if this might apply to you.
Please fill this out as specified by Nuffic and use the this format by Nuffic. Important note: this document consists of two pages, both have to be filled in, signed and stamped.
Prepare questions in your application in advance. Check our 'Guidelines and Criteria to Apply' above or our Scholarships FAQ for the questions that will be asked in your application.
RNTC Media Training Centre
- 50+ yearsExperience
- 58 Countries