Storytelling to Inspire Social change
This course will give you the skills and techniques needed to create strong narratives, and to move you from good to great storytelling.
RNTC believes that storytelling is the best way to help an audience retain information being presented. Effective storytelling involves a deep understanding of human emotions, motivations, and psychology in order to truly move an audience.
In this course you will learn:
- How to identify and map your target audience
- Key techniques you can use to persuade your audience
- The eight essential elements of storytelling
- Creative media formats you can use to engage your audience
By the end of the course you should be able to:
✔ Map audience beliefs and emotional pay-offs
✔ Produce persuasive stories that have measurable impact
✔ Produce persuasive stories in various media formats
Need more information about the course?
Know your target audience module:
▪ Where do ideas come from?
▪ How to zero in on an audience
▪ Mapping your target audience
▪ Influencers, agreed realities, and emotional pay-offs
▪ Using mapping to discover target audiences
▪ Using social media for insights
▪ Developing target audience statements
▪ Pitching target audiences
Persuade your target audience module:
▪ What is learning and why this is important to understanding audiences?
▪ How do people learn? Information, skills, and behaviours
▪ The ingredients of persuasive aims
▪ Why you need different credible sources
▪ Why you should craft emotional appeals
▪ The benefits of formulating a logical approach
▪ Investigating examples – persuading target audiences
▪ Applying persuasion to your own context
Storytelling for media professionals module:
▪ Narrative journalism versus information journalism
▪ The eight essential elements of story
▪ Symbols and universal truths
▪ Studying real examples illustrating the eight essential elements of story
▪ Story detective sessions: develop your own story
▪ The micro story: story in a tweet
Creative formats to engage audiences module:
▪ How do we tell stories using media?
▪ Ten engaging formats and what makes them unique
▪ Which formats are good for conveying information versus conveying emotions?
▪ Types of formats and the ideas box
▪ Combining Ideas creatively
▪ Investigating formats: interviewing
▪ Investigating formats: the discussion
▪ Practice: engaging audiences with the discussion format
About RNTC Media Training Centre
- 50+ yearsExperience
- 5 Languages