Are you looking to make a positive impact on the world? Have you got an important message to share?
Traditional Media Campaigns are used commercially to build brand awareness and drive consumer behaviour. However, by using the same tool kit, media campaigns can also be an effective conduit for social change. Campaigns that spark a conversation about our current culture, when crafted correctly are a powerful tool for heightening awareness, shifting mindsets and changing behaviour. Something as simple as a hashtag like #MeToo can change lives, transform industries, policies and legislation – it can change the world.
The Media Campaigns for Development and Social Change Course aims to train media professionals within NGOs in making a meaningful impact on their communities and society as a whole.
About the course
Our media campaigns for development and social change course allows you to explore the ingredients of successful campaigns and gives you the practical tools to create one of your own. Working with seasoned professionals in the field, you’ll learn how to:
- Develop a campaign plan for your own context
- Target your information and message to the right audience
- Use digital and social media tools
- Utilise offline interventions and engagement strategies
- Create campaigns that have a measurable impact on society
In addition to this, you will receive individual feedback and coaching as you design your own campaign for real social impact.
This is a three-week course.
This course takes place at the RNTC training centre and studios in Hilversum, which is about 20 minutes by train from Amsterdam Central Station.
Academic Year: 2019 – 2020
Course fee: 3655.00 Euro
All-in-fee: 5500.00 Euro
- You will master the tricks of the trade and develop convincing media strategies with better reach across platforms and mediums
- Have the ability to combine techniques in creativity, learning, persuasion, and audience mapping to get your message across
- Using proven media strategies, you’ll learn the power of persuasion to attract and retain new audiences
- You will work with new digital tools for online campaigns as well as traditional methods of getting your message to your audience
- Developing your own campaign strategy, with coaching from our experts
Past participants in this course have been from international NGOs, international intergovernmental organisations (UN, EU, AU) , embassies, grassroots organisations, civil society actors and activists.
For more information contact email@example.com