Digital Community Moderation
This course will teach you about moderating digital communities and creating standards for safe online spaces.
Online abuse and harassment can discourage people from discussing important issues or expressing themselves. Moderation is a tool to build a vibrant, respectful and inclusive digital community. It is an important tool to communicate with users and it allows marginalised groups into the conversations.
In this course you will learn about:
- How to design community standards for safe online spaces
- The role of the moderator
- Selecting and applying moderation techniques
- Measuring moderation
By the end of this course you should be able to:
✔ Create and sustain inclusive online communities by creating community guidelines
✔ Apply online (community) moderation strategies to reach your objectives
✔ Understand how to measure moderation for its effectiveness
✔ Categorize the quality of the comments to an article, question, or other comment in a discussion
✔ Understand how and when (other) online and offline activities can support engagement
Why this course and what it is all about
▪ Trainees and Course Introduction
▪ Communities and Moderation Introduction
▪ What are inclusive communities for RNW Media?
▪ What are guidelines for Inclusive online communities?
▪ What are guidelines for moderation?
▪ What Is the role of a moderator?
How to create inclusive online community engagement
▪ How to select effective moderation techniques
▪ How to apply SMART targeting
▪ How to apply offline engagement
▪ How to utilize digital optimization
▪ Search Engine Marketing Strategies (SEM)
▪ Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
▪ Pay-Per-Click (PPC)
How to measure Impact and effectiveness of moderation
▪ How to measure Impact of moderation
▪ How to measure effectiveness of moderation
After you have completed all the course sessions and assignments, you will receive an RNTC certificate and join the ranks of more than 6000 successful RNTC alumni worldwide.
RNTC Media Training Centre
- 50+ yearsExperience